Here at Whangarei District Council we take genuine pride in having one of New Zealand's most welcoming and supportive work environments, with the awards to prove it. Our organisation won the 2021 NZ HR Award for Organisational Change & Development, the Taituara Award for Excellence in Organisation and People Development, and we were a 2021 Diversity Awards NZ™ finalist. We continually strive to provide the best working environment for our people.
Part of this satisfaction comes from knowing we make a difference with the work we do. Our organisation is small enough for independent work to be valued, and big enough to make an impact within our community.
This is an exciting time for the District, with a growing population, a housing boom, and new developments in Whangarei City. We take our reputation as a lifestyle destination very seriously, and there's a lot to make you ‘Love it Here!' The Council is a key player in ensuring the District continues to prosper and to support us in this mahi we are looking for an experienced Contracts Coordinator to join our Business Support Team.
As the successful applicant you will be responsible for providing guidance, expertise, and leadership across Council regarding contract negotiation, development and management.
Your role will include the development of a Contract Management Database capturing active contracts across Council as well as the development, implementation and maintenance of an effective Supplier Relationship Management framework.
Managing contract-related risks providing advice to contract owners and escalating as appropriate is another key part of the role alongside monitoring Council's performance against contractual terms throughout the contract lifecycle.
If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this role and are eager for us to consider your application you will need to be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- A degree level qualification relating to business administration or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience in a role where managing a diverse range of contracts played a significant part
- Ability to develop strong working relationships across the business that aid effective collaboration
- Ability and demonstrated experience in leading contract negotiations, managing multiple high value contracts, and dispute resolution.
- Ability to determine stakeholder requirements and come up with pragmatic, cost effective solutions.
- Excellent analytical skills and understanding of financial reporting systems and requirements.
- Strong writing skills supporting the ability to develop contract templates and reports
- Ability and desire to work in a manner that is consistent with our organisational tikanga.
At Whangarei District Council we offer a range of flexible working and life balance options for those that want to work in a professional and progressive environment while still having the time to take advantage of everything our district has to offer. In addition, our employment package includes Health Insurance, Life Insurance, payment of a professional membership, continuous development opportunities and an active social club plus much more.
There's a lot that'll make you 'Love it Here!'
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the People and Capability team on (09) 430 4200 or 0800 932 463.