Infrastructure Development / Civil Engineer
With strong development in our district, and a supportive, positive, diverse working environment in an organisation which values its customers and its people, there's never been a better time to make the move to Whangarei District Council.
This career-enhancing role in Infrastructure Development will see you liaising with applicants, professional advisors and internal Council staff on land development and infrastructural engineering matters including providing resource consent engineering advice, processing and approving engineering plans in accordance with consent conditions, visiting sites to check development against approved plans, compiling reports, and presenting engineering evidence at Resource Consent and Environment Court hearings.
While much of your time will be working in the Infrastructure Development Department, you will get exposure to the full realm of infrastructure and an opportunity to work in different departments including Infrastructure Planning & Capital Works, Waste & Drainage, Water Services, and Roading.
The ideal candidate will bring some experience, a keen interest in ongoing professional development, and:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or NZ Diploma in Engineering (Civil) or equivalent
- Proven ability to review and assess complex engineering design
- Understanding of on-site infrastructure development
- Experience in roading and/or three waters development (useful)
- Ability in technical report writing
- Effective facilitation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to relate well to others
- An understanding of the Resource Consent process (useful)
- A desire to be part of a progressive, hardworking and fun team
If you think you have the skills and attitude to be successful in this role, then don't delay.
We offer a professional and progressive environment, continuous learning and development opportunities, a range of flexible working and work/life balance options, Health Insurance, Life Insurance (2x your base salary), payment of a professional membership, an active Social Club, plus much more.
Whangarei is a district on the rise. It is Northland's only city and largest commercial centre. Nestled between the forest clad hills at the heart of the beautiful Whangarei Harbour, nowhere in the district is more than 40 kilometres away from our spectacular coastline and commuting to WDC's CBD location is a breeze.
There's a lot that'll make you 'Love it Here!'
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the People and Capability team on: (09) 430 4200 or 0800 932 463.