Northland Transportation Alliance
The Northland Transportation Alliance (NTA) is a collaboration between the Whangarei, Kaipara and Far North District Councils, Northland Regional Council and Waka Kotahi (New Zealand Transport Agency) to deliver joined-up transportation services for Northland. The holder of this role will be employed by Whangarei District Council and will be based in Whangarei.
About the role:
This is a recently created role within the Asset Strategy and Management team based in the Whangarei offices. Reporting to the Asset Strategy and Management Lead, you will drive strategic asset management of local roads in Northland. You will work closely with other Asset Managers within the Alliance to deliver roading asset management services.
To be successful in this role we are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal communication and collaboration skills to drive cooperation and practical asset management outcomes. You will need to be open to new technologies and approaches to continuously improve asset management practices. Travel to other parts of the Northland region may be necessary on an occasional basis. You'll need to be highly organised with an ability to prioritise and work to deadlines, and someone who enjoys being part of a team.
The requirements sought of a candidate for this role are:
- NZCE, Diploma or Degree in engineering
- Asset Management experience
- Conversant with Transport Agency standards, guidelines and funding process would be an advantage
- Able to relate to a wide range of people both internally and externally
- A proven talent for identifying and implementing innovative solutions
- Enthusiastic and committed to excellence in customer service
This role is permanent full time, Monday - Friday 8am-4.30pm and will be based in our NTA office in Whangarei.
What we can offer:
NTA offers a supportive team environment in the midst of positive transformation and change and engaged in some exciting projects across the Northland Region. Some of the benefits of working here include:
- Competitive salary (Grade 18, salary range between $94,000-$105,000 depending on skills and experience)
- Flexible working options
- Health and wellbeing initiatives
To find out more about working for NTA please feel free to contact the WDC People and Capability team on: (09) 430 4200 or 0800 932 463.