Commercial Property Adviser
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our District Development team based in Whangarei. The role of Commercial Property Adviser will ideally suit a positive and pragmatic self-starter with experience in a similar public sector role or someone with sound understanding of commercial property management.
The role looks after all properties under the Commercial Property Portfolio including building and maintaining relationships with tenants, negotiating and managing leases, and ensuring the asset maintenance plans meet requirements to maintain commercial property value and comply with any agreements reached as part of lease negotiation.
The successful candidate will take a partnering approach, working closely with tenants to ensure smooth management of the Commercial portfolio.
The successful candidate will ideally bring:
- Two to three years' experience working in a similar role in a public sector
- An understanding of principles and method of Commercial Property management
- Demonstrable customer service experience
- Diploma in Commerce/Business or similar industry experience
- Experience in property management, understanding of Tenancy Legislation
- Experience in financial systems i.e. capital budgets
- Project Management and Contractor Management
- Commitment to support Council outcomes through effective use of the commercial property portfolio
At Whangarei District Council we take our reputation as a lifestyle destination seriously and consider a range of flexible working and life balance options for those that want to work in a professional and progressive environment while still having the time to take advantage of everything our district has to offer. In addition, our employment package includes Health Insurance, Life Insurance, payment of a professional membership, continuous development opportunities and an active social club plus much more.
Whangarei is a district on the rise. It is Northland's only city and largest commercial centre. Nestled between forest clad hills at the heart of the beautiful Whangarei Harbour, nowhere in the district is more than 40 kilometres away from our spectacular coastline and commuting to WDC's CBD location is a breeze.
There's a lot that'll make you 'Love it Here!'
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact People and Capability team on: (09) 430 4200 or 0800 932 463.