Team Leader - ICT Projects
It is an exciting time here at Whangarei District Council as our district continues to grow and we are continuously working to strengthen our strategic partnerships and enhance service provision to our community. To support us in achieving our objectives and respond to the rapid pace of change we are looking for an outstanding Team Leader to lead our hardworking ICT Projects team. Based within a dedicated ICT Department the successful candidate will work alongside technical experts focused on supporting our organisation to continuously adapt to changing technological needs. If you are looking for a career within an organisation committed to delivering the best outcomes for the community it serves and enjoy the challenge of managing multiple projects focused on ensuring long term business continuity then this could be just the role you've been waiting for.
The candidate successful in securing this role will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Outstanding leadership abilities, able to motivate and bring together a diverse group of professionals to deliver outstanding results
- Ability to think logically and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Solid project management experience, particularly with Information Technology projects
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality outcomes for projects
- Experienced in managing ICT related change across a complex organisation.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to apply Project Management principles.
- Excellent time management, facilitation and communication skills
- Motivated individual with a "can do" attitude.
If you can demonstrate that you are flexible, technically competent, experienced in working with and leading a variety of people and proactive in your approach to service delivery we would love to hear from you.
We offer a professional and progressive environment, continuous learning and development opportunities, a range of flexible working and work/life balance options, Health Insurance, Life Insurance (2x your base salary), payment of a professional membership, an active Social Club, plus much more.
Whangarei is a district on the rise. It is Northland's only city and largest commercial centre. Nestled between the forest clad hills at the heart of the beautiful Whangarei Harbour, nowhere in the district is more than 40 kilometres away from our spectacular coastline and commuting to WDC's CBD location is a breeze.
There's a lot that'll make you 'Love it Here!'
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the People and Capability team on (09) 430 4200 or 0800 932 463.