Web and Social Media Content Adviser
(12 months fixed term)
Whangarei District Council has an outstanding opportunity for someone with a passion for digital content and social media to join our Communications team on a 12 month contract. This is an exciting time to come on board with a brand new website on its way, and lots of opportunities to improve our digital communications.
Our culture is built around principles of delivering for our customers, our organisational values, working collaboratively, and focusing on outcomes rather than tasks. As a key member of the team, you'll work with subject matter experts to deliver digital communication to our customers and community through our website and social media channels. This role is full of variety and you'll put your excellent content writing and relationship management skills to work daily with a range of internal stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Show a track record of generating content that is useful and engaging for the web and/or social media
- Be familiar with web best-practice and web-accessibility.
- Have experience in preparing complex documents and information for web publication.
- Be driven by the needs of our customers, have an ability to think from a customer-centred perspective.
- Be a team player with proven ability to collaborate, communicate effectively with a group of any size, and maintain good relationships with stakeholders.
- Show strong verbal, written and creative communication skills, including ability to create or select images and convey information in plain language.
- Show strong attention to detail, especially in technical situations.
- Have a relevant qualification, be fluent with communications ethics and best-practice.
- General technical skills are a plus, with a willingness to learn new software.
We offer a professional and progressive environment, continuous learning and development opportunities, a range of flexible working and work/life balance options, Health Insurance, Life Insurance (2x your base salary), payment of a professional membership, an active Social Club, plus much more.
Whangarei is a district on the rise. It is Northland's only city and largest commercial centre. Nestled between the forest clad hills at the heart of the beautiful Whangarei Harbour, nowhere in the district is more than 40 kilometres away from our spectacular coastline and commuting to WDC's CBD location is a breeze.
There's a lot that'll make you 'Love it Here!'
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the People and Capability team on (09) 430 4200 or 0800 932 463.