Property Assessment Officer - Residential & Commercial
With strong development in our district, and a supportive, positive, diverse working environment in an organisation which values its customers and its people, there's never been a better time to make the move to Whangarei District Council.
If you're looking for a role where you'll have continuous learning and development scope, and where you can utilise your interest in technical information and your abilities in customer service, analysis, research, investigation, please read on….!
You'll be part of our Property Assessment Team, providing our customers with an outstanding service in processing property information such as Residential and Commercial Project Information Memoranda (PIMs), Planning Assessments (PAs), Residential and Commercial Land Information Memoranda (LIMs) and Potential Contaminated Site Searches (PCS).
We'd welcome an experienced Property Assessment Officer however we'll also consider a candidate without property assessment experience and the role will be structured accordingly.
The successful candidate will bring:
- NZQA recognised diploma qualification at Level 4 or above
- Ability to read and interpret building plans, and some proficiency in map-reading
- Experience in a role that required some interpretation and application of policy and legislative requirements
- Computer literacy including Excel
- Administration, accuracy and attention to detail
- Analysis, research and investigation
- Written and oral communication; able to explain potentially complex information to customers
- Achieving results and working to set timeframes
- Working collaboratively with others
At Whangarei District Council, we offer a professional and progressive environment, a range of flexible working and work/life balance options, 37.5hr working week, Health Insurance, Life Insurance (2x base salary), 20 days annual leave which increases by 1 day per year until you have completed 5 years' service, learning and professional development opportunities, an active Social Club, plus more….
Whangarei is a district on the rise. It is Northland's only city and largest commercial centre. Nestled between the forest clad hills at the heart of the beautiful Whangarei Harbour, nowhere in the district is more than 40 kilometres away from our spectacular coastline and commuting to WDC's CBD location is a breeze.
With an outstanding natural environment and great, constantly developing facilities, there's a lot that'll make you 'Love it Here!'
We look forward to receiving your application.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact People and Capability team on: (09) 430 4200 or 0800 932 463.