Project Engineer / Project Manager - Infrastructure
Our Infrastructure Group has both ongoing and exciting upcoming projects which require the expertise of an experienced project engineer. The role is based within the Infrastructure Planning and Capital Works Department, who deliver major projects for Water Services, Waste and Drainage and Parks and Recreation.
The role entails:
- Delivering high quality capital projects on time, and within budget
- Providing specialist support on the provision of project and contract management services internally
- Partnering with internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes.
To be successful you will have:
- Sound project management skills throughout all phases from initiation to closure, including: Project integration; scope, time, cost, and quality management; stakeholder engagement and communications; risk management
- Design review including safety in design
- Expertise in procurement and NZS3910 contracts
- Managing multi-disciplinary projects and consultants
- Experience in civil, 3 waters, coastal, transport, parks and sports facilities projects including construction site audits
- Tertiary engineering degree, CPEng preferred
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with Community consultation
Whangarei is emerging as a cosmopolitan centre with a community and business hub that supports a diversity of residents and visitors. The district's extensive coastline boasts some of the most exquisite beaches and isolated island hideaways, while the wide-reaching farmlands extend into small rural settlements. When combined with the demands of urban growth the variety of our work at Council keeps us challenged and keen for more.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact People and Capability team on: (09) 430 4200 or 0800 932 463.