Team Leader - Property Assets
An exciting opportunity has come up in our Business Support Department as we farewell the incumbent on an overseas adventure. We are looking for a new Team Leader - Property Assets.
The successful applicant to this role will lead and co-ordinate a team of 4 passionate and hardworking staff, providing services related to council premises, fleet, phones, security, and property asset management for all civic owned assets (Forum North, Libraries etc.).
We are looking for someone with experience in the management of property assets and maintenance and renewal budgets, as well as knowledge of asset management systems. We need someone who can operate strategically and still have down to earth conversations with our valued contractors and suppliers.
We want a strong and experienced leader with the ability to develop a team who are focused on providing excellent support across our organisation and to key external stakeholders, and whose culture is closely aligned to our Tikanga, Mission and Vision.
If you would like to be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Experience in property maintenance, financial or contractor management
- Project management experience with demonstrated ability to apply Project Management Principles
- Strong contract management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate teams to deliver outstanding results
- Tertiary level qualification in a relevant business or commerce or property related discipline
- Strong asset management experience
- Sound property management skills and an understanding and application of current property law
- Some experience in security management would also be advantageous.
If you can demonstrate that you are flexible, technically competent, experienced in working with a variety of people and proactive in your approach to service delivery, this may be just the opportunity you've been waiting for. Working as part of this dynamic team, striving for continuous improvement, you will be working alongside other professionals and reporting directly to the Manager - Business Support.
In return for what you bring we offer some great benefits such as Health Insurance, Life Insurance, and Kiwi Saver contributions on top of your salary. We have an active social club who hold events on a regular basis and who are always looking to recruit new members. We also realise that we live in one of the best parts of the country and so are happy to consider flexible working arrangements to ensure you get to make the most of our District.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the People and Capability team on: (09) 430 4200 or 0800 932 463.