Tertiary Scholarships : Environmental or Urban Planning
Will you be studying Environmental or Urban Planning in 2020?
Would you like $5000 per year towards your study costs?
What about relevant, paid work experience during the holidays?
Would support with information for projects and assignments appeal to you?
How does the security of a 2 year bonded placement once you're qualified sound?
If the answer is yes to all these questions then you need to seriously consider applying for one of the Whangarei District Council Tertiary Scholarships.
The Whangarei District Council scholarship programme was established in 2005 in recognition of professional skills shortages and to demonstrate Council's commitment to further education for local people for the benefit of the community.
To support the future business needs of Whangarei District Council, scholarships are being offered in our environmental planning areas (RMA and District Plan Planning) to those studying for the following:
- Students already part way through their tertiary level planning qualification.
- Students who have completed a degree level qualification and are looking to study a Masters or post-graduate level qualification in Environmental Planning.
To qualify applicants must:
- have a strong, well established connection to Whangarei although may be studying in another centre
- be New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents
- hold qualifications recognised for University Entrance or have partially completed the required tertiary qualifications that in general have met a high standard
- be prepared to work for a 2 year bonded period following completion of qualification.
The Scholarship Programme will include generous financial support, paid work experience during holidays relevant to the holder's chosen course of study and support with projects as they arise.