Environmental Health Officer (2)
We currently have an opportunity for two qualified and ideally experienced Environmental Health Officers to join our Health and Bylaws Department. The ideal candidates will come to us with a sound understanding of the current Environmental Health, Food and Alcohol Licensing legislation, and be prepared to undertake a wide range of local authority environmental health functions including:
- Monitoring and enforcement of food safety in food premises
- Verification of food control plans and national programs
- Investigation of health nuisances
- Recreational water testing
- Noise measurement and assessment
- Alcohol licensing (preferred but not essential).
To be successful in the role applicants would need to demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to self-manage, pick things up quickly and use experience to manage a diverse range of work
- A positive outlook and a methodical approach
- A strong customer service ethos
- A strong service orientation
- A strong ability to follow and improve processes within a QMS
- The confidence to make the tough decisions when required
- Highly developed negotiation skills and ability to competently diffuse conflict situations.
This is a regulatory function and applicants need to hold a relevant qualification and where possible suitable experience.
A current, valid driver's licence is essential for this position.
This is a great role that will see you getting out and about in the community, working with existing and new businesses ensuring high standards are maintained across our district.
In recognition for the skills and experience you will bring to Council, a competitive salary is offered, along with other benefits such as flexible working arrangements, health and life insurance, excellent support for ongoing learning and contributions to your professional memberships.
If you are keen to make a difference in the community we serve then please apply now.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the People and Capability team on: (09) 430 4200 or 0800 932 463.