We have an opportunity for an experienced Planner to join our busy team working across both resource consents and changes to the District Plan.
As we continue to experience growth in our district the team needs to grow and we see this role as having the opportunity to deliver the most value with not only processing applications but overseeing staff and consultants in the processing of major projects. The role also includes supporting our team leaders, making sound decisions and acting as a mentor to some of our less experienced staff.
The planner who will be successful in securing this position will have:
- The confidence to make hard decisions and the ability to peer review work and provide valuable feedback
- The ability to determine applications under the delegation authorised
- Some experience in either preparing or processing plan changes
- Extensive experience in processing resource consents, both landuse and subdivision
- A sound understanding of the Resource Management Act 1991.
We are looking for someone who is capable of providing support to the team while managing their own workload and who can impart a wide variety of skills and experience to the organization. We are also keen on someone who seeks challenge and enjoys variety.
Successful applicants need to have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If you are ready to make a difference in the community we serve, to be challenged as a professional and to get more balance out of life, Apply Now.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the People & Capability team on: (09) 430 4200 or 0800 932 463.