Cataloguing Services Librarian
Whangarei is a district on the rise. It is Northland's only city and largest commercial centre. Nestled between the forest clad hills at the heart of the beautiful Whangarei Harbour, nowhere in the district is more than 40 kilometres away from our spectacular coastline and commuting to WDC's CBD location is a breeze.
If you think you could contribute to the services we offer to our Community, please see below.
We have a great opportunity for a Librarian keen on working in the Whangarei District. We are looking for a person who:
- Has outstanding customer service skills
- Is computer savvy
- Enjoys helping others find the information they need
- Is a team player but will also work sole charge
- Has a sound understanding of library processes (qualifications are an advantage)
- Doesn't mind weekend work as part of a roster.
Some of the key duties and responsibilities associated with this role include:
- Developing innovative ideas and actions to improve library services
- Management of a high-quality database of the holdings of the library
- Provide quality cataloguing services to facilitate ease of access to the holdings of the library
- Auditing and maintaining accurate name, subject and series authorities
- Cataloguing and classifying designated collections to agreed international standards
- Updating Te Puna holdings records
- Training staff in cataloguing developments and activities
- Processing of library materials to an agreed shelf-ready standard.
At Whangarei District Council we take our reputation as a lifestyle destination seriously and are happy to consider a range of flexible working and work/life balance options for those that want to work in a professional and progressive environment while still having the time to take advantage of everything our district has to offer. We are committed to your ongoing professional development and as an employee here you will be encouraged to attend regular learning and development sessions.
In return for your skills, experience and contribution to the organisation, we offer you a great remuneration and benefits package. This package includes life insurance, health insurance, professional membership contribution, flexi working opportunities, and a strong learning and development environment to see you grow.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the People and Capability team on (09) 430 4200 or 0800 932 463.