Information Consultant (Fixed Term)
Our visitor information centres provide an important first point of contact for our national and international visitors, along with assisting our locals. We are looking for an outgoing, vivacious travel consultant who will provide an outstanding service to promote Whangarei and sell our visitor experiences.
You will rotate working between our two information centres (Tarewa Park i-SITE and Te Manawa - The Hub, Town Basin) and must be prepared to work within a 7 day roster including public holidays, so flexibility is a must.
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- A real passion for Whangarei
- Positive sales and customer service attitude
- Excellent people skills
- Knowledge of Whangarei District, Northland and New Zealand as a visitor destination
- Good written and oral communication
- Accuracy with figures and efficient cash handling experience
- Ability to work without supervision and cope under pressure
- Flexibility to work within a 7 day roster
This fixed term role runs through until the end of February 2019 to cover the busy summer season. You can expect a minimum of 4 days per week with the possibility of 5 days per week at peak times.
Whangarei is emerging as a cosmopolitan centre with a community and business hub that supports a diversity of residents and visitors. The district's extensive coastline boasts some of the most exquisite beaches and isolated island hideaways, while the wide-reaching farmlands extend into small rural settlements. When combined with the demands of urban growth the variety of our work at Council keeps us challenged and keen for more.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the People and Capability team on (09) 430 4200 or 0800 932 463.